Top 10 Best Keyword Research Tools to Improve Your Website SEO (2021)

9 Top Keyword Research Tools to Up Your SEO Game

Some of these keyword research apps are free, and some aren’t. All of them are awesome to up your rankings regardless of the pricing. Let’s start with a keyword tool from the biggest search engine, Google.

Google Keyword Planner – Experts Pick

Do you want to hone the power of Google’s huge keyword database? The Keyword Planner has tons of opportunities for you. The number one reason to choose this tool is that it comes straight from Google.

No SEO tool in the world is accurate, but Google Keyword Planner is trustworthy for its data. Choose the right keywords to attract the right visitors to your blog or site. The tool lets you know extremely valuable information like:

• Keywords by relevance
  • Average monthly searches
  • Overall competition
  • Low to high top of page bid

The thing I like about the Keyword Planner is that it offers simple to pro-level data. For example, you aren’t limited to a single keyword only. You can use up to 10 long phrases as well. And creating keyword suggestions from a website is also seamless with Keyword Planner. And it’s absolutely free forever. Isn’t it awesome?

SEMRush Keyword Research Tool – Pro-Level

If you want everything about content research under one roof, SEMRush can be an extremely valuable tool for you. It helps you analyze a domain, research keywords, and steal them from your competitors.

But wait, there’s more. You can also identify link-building opportunities and tweak technical SEO using the tool. As for the keyword research specifically, SEMRush helps you determine:

• How many people are searching for a keyword
  • Who’s ranking for that keyword
  • And what are related keyword opportunities for you

I love the way SEMRush offers ‘Keyword Overview.’ The section lets you know keyword difficulty, search volume, trends, CPC, and more. It also provides the overall trend for your keyword and keyword variations.

The pricing for SEMRush starts from $119.95 per month. But it comes with a lot more features than just keyword research. For example, you can identify overuse of keywords, duplicate and slow-loading content. You’ll surely up your SEO game if you learn how to use the tool properly.

Ahrefs Keywords Explorer – Best Overall

Ahrefs is my go-to tool to do everything from keyword research to website analysis. It offers the most keywords than any other tool in the world. And the tool has reliable data from its search volume to backlinks to social shares.

Let’s talk about a keyword tool by Ahrefs called the Keyword Explorer. It offers tons of value to up your SEO game without a doubt. First off, it doesn’t limit you to exploring Google only. But you can also dig deep into YouTube, Amazon, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex, and more.

The keyword research with Ahrefs is highly detailed. You can have an idea of keyword difficulty, search volume, CTR, CPS, and paid clicks. The tool also lets you know the search volume and the percentage from other countries as well.

The pricing starts from $99 and goes on to $999 per month, depending on your overall usage. But the money is absolutely worth it because Ahrefs generate more keyword suggestions than any other tool in the world. Try Ahrefs’ Keyword Generator for free to taste the tool before you go for the premium version.

H-Supertools – Top Free Keyword Research Tools

If you aren’t here for the first time, you already know that I own H-Supertools. But you also know that I always believe and practice honesty. That’s why let me tell you that I’ve not enlisted it here just because I own the tools.

There are tons of reasons to choose H-Supertools for keyword research:

• It’s a free keyword research tool
  • Enables you to benefit from the Deep Search feature for up to 50K keywords
  • Helps you find keywords with search volume in seconds
  • Gets you tons of long-tail keywords in minutes
  • Lets you copy and export specific keywords
  • Straightforward user interface
  • Commendable data accuracy

I created the H-Supertools because I wanted to help you with digital marketing for absolutely free. But it doesn’t mean you’ll compromise quality for using the tools for free. It has reliable data coming from tools like Google Keyword Planner.

H-Supertools Keyword Research Tool lets you know the monthly volume, paid competition, keyword difficulty, along CPC. But wait, there’s more. H-Supertools will help you do much more than just keyword research. It has tons of other tools to help you achieve your digital dreams:

• Image Editor
  • SEO Analyzer
  • Email Validator
  • Questions Explorer
  • Hashtag Generator
  • Bulk Email Validation
  • YouTube Keyword Tool
  • Bulk Keyword Data Tool
  • Email TXT Extraction Tool
  • Affiliate Programs (Updated Weekly)

And all of these valuable tools are free forever. So even if you have paid subscription plans from SEO tools like SEMRush or Ahrefs, you still may use H-Supertools. Why? It’s because sometimes you want to get accurate data straight from Google or try some other tool available on H-Supertools.

AnswerThePublic – Favorite Content Research Tool

Do you want to create tons of blog post ideas in advance? AnswerThePublic must be your go-to tool for that. The best thing about AnswerThePublic is that it comes up with the most valuable content ideas from a human perspective.

AnswerThePublic is a visual keyword research tool to help you get content ideas in a categorized cloud. For example, you have questions for a particular keyword. And you also get to have the type of question from what, when, and who to where, why, and how.

The main categories of keywords and content ideas are:

• Questions (why, when, where, and more)
  • Prepositions (is, for, with, to, and more)
  • Comparisons (and, vs, or, and more)
  • Alphabetical (keywords from a to z)
  • Related (keywords)

Isn’t it awesome? And you can also download the CSV file to use all the keyword suggestions and content ideas later. My review for AnswerThePublic is an extremely handy tool to understand the human psyche for a particular keyword.

But it’s not an advanced keyword research tool and doesn’t show search volume, keyword difficulty, or CPC. AnswerThePublic is free for 3 attempts, and then you need to pay $99 per month or $79 per month for paying upfront for an entire year.

KeywordChef – Time Saver Pick

KeywordChef is comparatively a new entrant to the market but has proven to be more promising in certain areas. I’ve enlisted it here because it’s an extremely simple yet valuable keyword discovery tool for publishers.

Honestly, KeywordChef doesn’t have as many keyword suggestions as Ahrefs. But it uses over 700 factors to find hidden keywords. The result is ‘valuable keywords with clear search intent.’ KeywordChef removes all the keywords that aren’t a perfect fit for your keyword.

With ‘Smart Wildcard Search,’ you can explore the smartest keywords in no time. KeywordChef also helps you find keywords with user-created content. I recommend using the tool, especially if you’re just starting because it enables you to tap into the low competition keywords.

Moz Keyword Explorer – Go-To Tool to Know DA

Moz Keyword Explorer is one of the top keyword research tools in the world. And that’s because of its commendable feature to help you up to your SEO campaigns seamlessly. The tool helps you analyze keywords by search volume, lists, and questions.

The metrics like keyword difficulty, volume, CTR, and more let you predict your SEO wins. The tool also helps you review SERP details by keywords. What I like the most are Moz’s keyword difficulty and domain authority. These two features by Moz are specifically trustworthy without a doubt.

Cutting a long story short, Moz’s Keyword Explorer helps you do the complex analysis in minutes. The pricing for the Moz Pro starts from $99 to $599 per month, depending on your work scope. With this pricing, you get tons of other valuable tools as well.

KWFinder – Best Long Tail Keyword Research Tool

Do you want to find long-tail keywords with low ranking difficulty? KWFinder by Mangools helps you achieve this goal. It’s one of the best long-tail keyword research tools in the world, without a doubt. Don’t believe me? Try KWFinder for free here.

You can research long tails by keyword and domain as well. It means you can extract all the keywords for a particular website or a seed keyword. And you get to know all the important details about keywords, including:

• Search
  • Keyword difficulty
  • Cost Per Click (CPC)
  • Domain/Page Authority
  • CF, TF, Links, FB, LPS, and more

Finding easy-to-rank keywords at KWFinder is easy-peasy. You can get all the above information along with relevant historical data. And the user interface is surprisingly straightforward. It means you can hone its full power even if you’re a beginner.

Neil Patel’s Ubersuggest Keyword Tool

Ubersuggest created by Neil Patel isn’t a laughing stock anymore. It has become strong enough to up your SEO game in a few weeks. Ubersuggest suggests brilliant keywords and does smart competitor’s analysis without a doubt.

The ‘Keyword Overview’ in Ubersuggest lets you know all the important metrics for the keyword. They include search volume, organic and paid difficulty, CPC, and more. Not only that, but the tool also helps you decide on the historical keyword data.

The Keyword Ideas’ is my favorite section in Ubersuggest because it lets you know all the related keywords. Doing the SERPs analysis is also hassle-free. As for pricing, it starts from $12 to $40 per month. But don’t worry, 3 searches per day are free forever.

By the way, Ubersuggest offers a lifetime subscription as well, which starts from $120 to $400. Getting organic traffic fast is every blogger’s goal for life. Why not try the lifetime deal, then!

Conclusion: Top Keyword Research Tools

Keyword research is the most determining factor for your SEO success, without a doubt. That’s why the tool you use to research keywords for your blog or site is also important. And sometimes, you need more than one tool.

Do you want to benefit from Google‘s database? Go for the Keyword Planner. Wanna go pro? Opt for Ahrefs or SEMRush. Looking to save your time? Choose KeywordChef. Up for a free-forever SEO tool? Enjoy H-Supertools.

I hope you like my top picks for the keyword research tools to outperform in your content game. Which one do you like the most? Let me know in the comment below.

2 Likes

Thanks for your share.